Sam interviews me – Neil Chapman – about the podcast and web resources based on my late father’s diary for 1943.
Immeasurable thanks to Crockford Management for permission to use a rendition of ‘The Last Post’ played by Mark Knopfler – dedicated to the Northumberland Fusiliers who lost their lives in the First World War, and as part of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission Living Memory project.
Episode photo: Flt. Sgt Ron Chapman in his flying suit outside his parents’ house.
Click here for a PDF with supporting material
Go back to the PREVIOUS EPISODE
Podcast permissions and thanks to …
I am grateful for permissions to be able to use the music, sounds and sources for the podcast:
– Crockford Management for permission to use a rendition of ‘The Last Post’ played by Mark Knopfler – dedicated to the Northumberland Fusiliers who lost their lives in the First World War, and as part of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission Living Memory project.
– Noel Coward Foundation and Noel Coward Archive to be able to use an extract from his tour diary. Visit www.noelcoward.com.
– Cammy Bell Piper for Hire – Facebook for playing and recording The Fair Maid of Barra lament on the bagpipes
– Rachel Bostock – @rachelbostockmusic – for permission to use her renditions on the violin of The Last Post and The Rouse/Reveille.
– Sounds from Freesound.org and BBC Sound Effects
– Contributing commentary by Gary Pottage (Ep. 3), Professor Geoffrey Smith (Ep. 8) and Professor Sky Gilbert (Ep. 9).
– ‘Guest voices’ of: Melannie O’Connor, Simon Proffitt, Colum Doyle, Ian Chapman, David Chapman, Chris Proffitt, the late Wing Commander ‘Ronnie’ Rotherham, Judith Chapman, Jonathan Proffitt, Ray Thompson, Geoff Paddock, Matthew Yeomans, Alex Paddock, Chris Hogg, Lynda Proffitt.
– Ron Chapman’s grandchildren: David, Claire, Ruari, Maeve, Caitlin, Phil, Nick and Bethan.
– The interview by Sam Pauly.
– All round support from Geoff Paddock.
– PRS LOM Licence LE-0032519